Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Banned Book Week

Stick it to the man. Read a banned book.

Title link goes to the American Library Association's list of the top 100 banned/challenged books. How many have you read? These are the one's I've covered:

Harry Potter, by J.K. Rowling (I read the first one and was bored out of my skull the entire time.)
The Chocolate War, by Robert Cormier
Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou
Scary Stories (series), by Alvin Schwartz
The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain
The Color Purple, by Alice Walker
Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger
To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
Beloved, by Toni Morrison
The Face on the Milk Carton, by Caroline B. Cooney
Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
Blubber, by Judy Blume
Slaughterhouse-Five, by Kurt Vonnegut
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, by Ken Kesey
The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini
Blood and Chocolate, by Annette Curtis Klause
(These werewolves are much sexier than the ones in Twilight.)
The Stupids, by Harry Allard (I forgot this series existed until just now. Ever see the movie with Tom Arnold? It came out when I was ten. Even I knew it was terrible.)
The Things They Carried, by Tim O’Brien
Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury
Harris and Me, by Gary Paulsen
(One of my favorites as a kid.)
The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold
A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving
A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeline L’Engle
Julie of the Wolves, by Jean Craighead George
The Boy Who Lost His Face, by Louis Sachar
Goosebumps (series), by R.L. Stine




This list seems far too short. I have some reading to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment